Orani History

Hits: 1166

The Orani Campus was created by virtue of Republic Act 4468 in 1965 to provide curricular instruction on  secondary home industries and opportunity classes for the exploitation and fabrication of indigenous raw materials into well-designed standardized handicraft articles. It was originally known as the Bataan National School for Filipino Craftsmen (BNSFC).

For decades, the campus provided livelihood to the local of Orani and the nearby municipalities by equipping its students with skills that enabled them to be handicraft producers. In 1995, through Republic Act 7914, BNSFC was renamed into Bataan National Polytechnic School (BNPS).

In 1998, BNPS became a CHED Supervised Institution (CSI), and almost a year after, it was integrated to BPSC (now BPSU) by virtue of Republic Acts 8292, 7792 and 8475.

Today, the Orani Campus has grown into a campus offering courses in various fields of disciplines such as technology, education, business and ICT. Also, the campus is envisioned to be the University’s sports center because of its available space for the construction of sports